CORDENTAL GROUP COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
CORDENTAL Group Management and its practice affiliates provides access to high quality, compassionate dental care, ensuring all patient rights are acknowledged, respected and the activities related to treatment fulfill the expectations outlined in this Compliance Program.
The CORDENTAL Group Compliance Program has been structured to provide oversight and assistance for the successful compliance of all Federal, State and Industry laws, regulations and standards in the delivery of quality dental care in all CORDENTAL Group practice locations and corporate operations. The program is all inclusive to personnel, providers and partners.
CORDENTAL Group Management, LLC, has employed a Compliance Director to oversee the development and implementation of the program including policy, procedures and guidelines necessary to assist CORDENTAL Group Management, LLC, its employees and business partners in achieving compliance. Each CORDENTAL Group practice is also assigned OSHA and HIPAA officers to oversee and assist with that location’s compliance.
COMPLIANCE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The policies and procedures of the CORDENTAL Group’s Compliance Program have been developed to:
- Strengthen the Management Team’s ability to provide guidance and direction to CORDENTAL Group personnel.
- Ensure compliance with the Federal, State and Industry rules and regulations; and
- Accomplish CORDENTAL Group’s mission to provide quality dental care in safe and healthy environments for both patients and staff.
COMPLIANCE WITH HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT (HIPAA)
Protecting our patient’s privacy is imperative to the mission of CORDENTAL Group has taken further steps to assure patient information is respected with privacy and security. All employees received ongoing training on the importance of patient privacy and information security and organizational audits and assessments are regularly completed to self-evaluate the effectiveness of our compliance policies and procedures. If you have questions regarding the privacy and security program or the use of your personal information, please contact the privacy (HIPAA) officer at the location of your treatment.
OUR NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO IS REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THESE PRIVACY PRACTICES?
CORDENTAL Group policies and procedures to protect and safeguard patient information will be abided by all members of the workforce regardless of location, hours of operation or employment status.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COVERED UNDER THIS NOTICE?
The information covered under this notice may be written, spoken, or electronic in format.
HOW CAN CORDENTAL GROUP USE MY INFORMATION?
The law allows CORDENTAL Group and its practice affiliates to share your health information for routine activities without requiring your permission, such as:
- For treatment
- For payment
- For appointment reminders and communications
- To operate the individual practices and corporation of CORDENTAL Group. The law allows the use and sharing of your health information without permission for other limited uses, including:
- Public health activities
- Health and safety reasons
- Law Enforcement requests
- Regulatory Activities
- Uses and sharing permitted or required by law What activities require written permission? Sharing your information with family members, friends or other involved in your care requires your written authorization.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AS A PATIENT? YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Get a copy of your dental and billing records
- Ask us to change your dental or billing record if you think we have made an error.
- Request a preferred method of contact (phone, text, email)
- Be informed of releases of your health information for reasons other than treatment, billing or healthcare operations.
- Receive a paper copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Ask us to limit the information we share (note that we may not be able to grant requests beyond what is allowable by law)
- Complain in writing if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
REPORTING A CONCERN
CORDENTAL Group has arranged for several pathways to report concerns. Your willingness to come forward is important to us. We ask that whatever path for reporting you choose that you share as many details as possible to assist with our investigation. Should you choose to submit your report anonymously, you can be assured that your identity will remain undisclosed and not reported to your employer or providers of care. CORDENTAL Group does not permit retaliation against anyone who, in good faith, reports a concern to management either directly or anonymously.
Reports of any type of concern can be made in the following ways:
- To report a Patient Care concern, please contact the Office Manager at the practice where the treatment was completed. For a list of practices and contact information visit: https://cordentalgroup.com/affiliate-practices
- Email your concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make an anonymous report, you may do so my downloading this form and mailing it to:
CORDENTAL Group Management
9825 Kenwood Road, Ste. 200
Cincinnati, OH 45242